Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 531mg
- Total Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Potassium: 427mg
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 14 oz low-fat turkey kielbasa
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14½ oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1½ Cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 Cups water
- 2 cubes low-sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Cut the chicken breast and kielbasa into 1-inch chunks.
2. Spray a medium-sized pot with nonstick cooking spray. Brown the chicken and kielbasa over medium heat and remove from the pot.
3. Add next 6 ingredients to the same pot, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
4. Return the cooked meat to the pot; add the brown rice, water, bouillon, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for about 50 minutes, or until the water is evaporated (instant brown rice will take less time to cook).
5. Stir in parsley and serve warm.