To qualify for WIC, individuals must meet categorical, residential, and financial requirements.
Applicants for the NYS WIC Program must be:
- A pregnant woman;
- An infant or child up to 5 years old;
- A mother of an infant up to 6 months old; or
- A breastfeeding mother with an infant up to 12 months old.
- A father or caretaker applying for their children.
- Applicants must be a resident of New York State.
- We will not ask about visa status or citizenship. Your information is kept confidential.
- Applicants must meet income eligibility guidelines (see table below) or receive Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps), or TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
Effective through June 30, 2024:
Use the calculator below to check if you may be eligible: