What should I expect?
During your first appointment a WIC representative will walk you through the eligibility process to ensure you meet the criteria.
Your representative will:
- Conduct a health assessment
- Provide opportunities to discuss nutrition and health concerns
- Provide referrals to other medical care and services
- Provide monthly benefits and education that will help you with your food budget
What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
When you call the WIC office for an appointment, our staff will tell you which of the following you need to bring:
- Proof of identity for you and your child
- Proof of household income
- Proof of residency
- Immunization record for infants and children
In addition, you may be asked to bring:
- A completed New York State Department of Health Medical Referral Form from your health care provider (including proof of pregnancy and/or blood work).
- If you or your child is on a special formula you will need the “Medical Documentation for WIC Formula & Approved WIC Foods for Infants, Children and Women” form.
- The forms can be found on this website by clicking here.
Remember, your child must attend your first appointment.