Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 95mg
- Total Carbs: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup 100% juice (orange, pineapple, apple, or cranberry)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ¼ pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. lightly coat a 13” x 9” x 2” baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine the cranberries and juice in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Combine flour oats, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. Beat the brown sugar and butter together with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended. Beating the eggs adds lightness and volume to the bars.
5. Gradually stir in flour mixture, mixing well.
6. Stir in cranberry mixture and nuts if desired. Spread the dough evenly in prepared pan.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the center is set. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting.