Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 225
- Total Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 571mg
- Total Carbs: 20g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 9g
- 1/2 pound frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet (approximately 17 inches x 11 inches) with parchment paper.
2. Drain thawed broccoli florets and finely chop (or use food processor).
3. Place 3 cups of chilled mashed potatoes in a large bowl and mix with the chopped broccoli, shredded cheese, and seasonings.
4. In a small bowl, whisk 1 large egg and add to the potato mixture, and mix well.
5. Using your hands, shape small amounts (approximately 1 ½ tablespoons) of potato mixture into tots. Should make approximately 50-60 tots per recipe
***Tip: Get kids involved in the kitchen! Ask kids to help you shape potato mixture into tots! Ages 3+
6. Place tots on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, use spatula to turn to allow for even browning and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Serve hot with dipping sauce of choice (such as Greek yogurt, ketchup, or barbecue sauce).