Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 236
- Total Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 154mg
- Total Carbs: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.2g
- Protein: 7g
- 1 1/2 pound sweet potatoes (approximately 3 large sweet potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil (divided)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound (16 ounces) frozen corn kernels
- 1 lime
- 1 cup Greek plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 medium-large chopped red bell pepper (seeds and stem removed)
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/4 bunch roughly chopped cilantro leaves (approximately 1/4 cup chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wash and cut sweet potatoes into ¼ inch – ½ inch cubes (peel if preferred).
3. Toss with 2 tablespoons cooking oil and place on a baking sheet. Season with salt/pepper. Roast sweet potatoes until lightly browned and soft.
4. Drain corn kernels, pour into a large mixing bowl, and toss with 2 tablespoon cooking oil.
5. Pour onto baking sheet (approximately 17 inches x 11 inches) and roast for 20 minutes (until slightly browned).
6. While sweet potatoes and corn are roasting, make the dressing. Use a small cheese grater or zester to zest 1 teaspoon lime zest (optional). Combine lime zest, 1 tablespoon juice from the lime, Greek yogurt, and minced garlic.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
8. Finely dice bell pepper and red onion. Toss with drained and rinsed black beans and roughly chopped cilantro leaves.
9. When sweet potatoes and corn are done, let cool and toss with bell pepper and onion mixture.
10. Drizzle with dressing and serve.