Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 175
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Vitamin A: 9103 IU (456 RAE)
- Vitamin C: 18mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- Sodium: 83mg
- ¼ tsp Canola oil
- ¾ cup Fresh onions, peeled, diced
- 2 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups Canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp Dried oregano
- ¼ tsp Dried thyme
- ¼ tsp Dried basil
- 8 Whole-wheat lasagna sheets, no-boil, 3 ½” x 7” sheets
- 1 ¼ cups Fresh spinach, julienne cut “shoestring strips” 1/8”
- 22 slices Fresh butternut squash, peeled, seeded, sliced ¼” (1 medium)
- ¾ cup Low-fat mozzarella cheese, low moisture, part skim, shredded (3 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Heat canola oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, oregano, thyme, and basil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ½ cup water. Mix well.
3. Divide sauce into 3 equal parts (about ¾ cup each) and set aside for step 6.
4. Place pasta sheets in a bowl filled with hot water for 5 minutes. Remove sheets as needed to assemble lasagna.
5. Spray bottom and sides of an 8” x 8” nonstick baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
6. To Assemble:
a. Place 4 lasagna sheets overlapping, covering the
bottom of the pan
b. Cover evenly with about ¾ cup tomato sauce
c. Spread half of the spinach (about ¾ cup) evenly over sauce
d. Place 11 slices of squash on top of spinach, slightly overlapping
e. Repeat layering steps a-d
f. Cover with remaining sauce (about ¾ cup). Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 °F for 50 minutes or until squash is fork-tender.
7. Remove lasagna from oven. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
8. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and browns slightly.
9. Remove lasagna from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
10. Cut into 6 even pieces. Serve hot.