1/2 Bell Pepper
Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 221
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 36.2g
- Fat: 6.8g
- Sodium: 379mg
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Calcium: 80mg
- Iron: 1mg
- 2 bell peppers (any color), halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups brown rice, cooked
- ½ cup corn
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 14 ounce can diced green chilies
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
2. Chop onion, mince garlic, and dice
3. Cook rice per directions to desired tenderness
1. Place pepper halves in boiling water for 2-3 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a large skillet until golden.
3. Add rice, tomatoes, green chilies, and corn to the skillet and mix well.
4. Spoon mixture into pepper halves and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes more.