Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 430
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 68g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 17g
- Vitamin A: 30%
- Vitamin C: 20%
- Calcium: 10%
- Iron: 10%
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups peas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, bring 12 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
3. Add peas to pot and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Drain peas and pasta and place in large bowl.
5. Toss cooked pasta and peas with oil.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and serve hot.
7. Refrigerate leftovers.
• For the best buy, choose fresh peas with crisp pods.
• To prepare peas, remove from the pods before cooking.
• To store fresh, refrigerate whole pea pods for up to 2 days in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
• Peas contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.