Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 430
- Calories from Fat: 130
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 600mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 64g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Sugars: 23g
- Protein: 13g
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Vitamin C: 70%
- Calcium: 20%
- Iron: 20%
- 1 can (8 ¼ ounces) sliced peaches in 100% fruit juice, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits in 100% juice, drained
- ½ cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup chunky (or smooth) peanut butter
- 3 cups lettuce (deeper-green variety), shredded
1. In a medium bowl, combine peaches, pineapple, bell pepper and cinnamon.
2. Warm the tortillas.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on one side of each tortilla, leaving room on the edges.
4. Spoon equal portions of the peach mixture over peanut butter, then top with lettuce.
5. Fold the side and bottom edges of each tortilla toward the middle over the filling, then roll so the tortilla covers the filling.
• Mix the drained juices with your breakfast juice if you like.
• To make them more pliable before wrapping, warm tortillas. 10 to 15 seconds on high heat in the microwave, 3 to 5 minutes at 350ºF in aluminum foil in the oven, and 15 seconds per side over medium-high on the stove top.