Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 170
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 9g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 18g
- Vitamin D: 3mcg
- Calcium: 29mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 344mg
- 4 small tilapia fillets, frozen (about 1 pound total)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram or Italian seasoning
- 1 orange
1. Defrost and pat dry tilapia with paper towel.
2. Put flour, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a plastic bag. Add fillets one at a time and shake to coat.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
4. Add fillets to skillet and fry until golden brown on one side (about 2 minutes). Turn fish over, sprinkle with marjoram or Italian seasoning, and finish browning. Heat fish to at least 145°F.
5. Heat orange for 10 seconds in microwave. Cut in half. Squeeze half the juice and pulp from the orange on the fish. Use the other half for garnish.
6. Place fish on a platter. Scrape the pan juices on top of the fish to serve.
Frozen fillets are about 1/4" thick. Thicker fillets would need to cook longer.
Substitute other firm white fish like swai, domestic mahi-mahi, or halibut.