Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 290
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 485mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 26g
- Calcium: 26.4mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 8-ounce can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Mix the flour with the salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
3. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess, and place each piece in the skillet.
4. Cook the nuggets for 4 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and browned.
5. Mix the tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard and honey in a small saucepan with a wire whisk until well combined. Heat over low heat until the sauce just reaches a simmer.
6. When the chicken is done, dip each piece into the sauce to coat it and place the nuggets on a serving plate.