Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 270
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbs: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Total Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 26g
- Calcium: 68mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 737mg
- 1 pound chicken (boneless, skinless)
- 3/4 cup rice (brown rice or wild rice)
- 1 cup celery, sliced (2 large stalks celery)
- 2 cups carrots, sliced (4 large carrots)
- 1 cup onions, diced (1 medium onion)
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1. Place chicken, rice, vegetables, chicken broth, water, ground black pepper, and garlic powder in a slow cooker. Stir.
2. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
3. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with a fork. Return shredded chicken to the soup
4. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and stir into the soup until melted.
1. Combine chicken, rice, vegetables, chicken broth, water, ground black pepper, and garlic powder in a large saucepan.
2. Cover and heat on high until boiling. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Continue with steps 3 and 4 as written above.