Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 162
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Sodium: 133mg
- Total Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Potassium: 380mg
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 /3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons green olives chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic, and sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and stir fry for another 5 to 10 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through.
3. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, lemon juice, cumin, bay leaves, water, and raisins to the vegetables and chicken.
4. Cover the pan and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
5. Remove the bay leaves and serve with brown rice and black beans.
6. Garnish with fresh cilantro, capers, and olives.