Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 200
- Total Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Total Carbs: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10g
- 1 can low sodium black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Optional: cheese slices, lettuce leaves, mushrooms, onion, tomato, whole wheat bread
1. Mash beans with a fork.
2. Stir mashed beans, egg, bread crumbs, onion, pepper, and oil together until combined. Shape into 4-inch patties. Wash hands.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place patties in the skillet and cover with a lid. Cook patties for 5 minutes on the first side. Flip patties and cook for 4 more minutes on the other side.
5. Serve with optional ingredients.