Join the WIC Family
Cornerstone Family Healthcare is in search of a dynamic WIC Registered Dietitian to plan, implement, and evaluate nutritional education activities for patients at our Community Health Center in Newburgh, NY.
• Conduct nutrition risk assessment to determine all nutrition risk
• Provide nutrition education responsive to the identified needs/interests of at-risk
• Provide and document appropriate follow-up referrals to other health and social
• Implement individual care plans for at-risk participants (initiated and participant
• Plan, conduct and evaluate the nutrition program at Cornerstone (develop lesson plans, handouts)
• Provide high-risk nutritional
• Develop individual care plans for high-risk
• Coordinate nutrition counseling activities at Cornerstone responsive to the identified needs/interests of high-risk
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Care
• Attend and participate in monthly department, All Staff and other required meetings.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nutritional Sciences, community nutrition, clinical dietetics, foods and nutrition from a regionally accredited college or university, or one recognized by New York State Education Department
Licenses Required: Registered Dietitian
Experience Required: Completion of a dietetic internship in an institution approved by the American Dietetic Association and is either currently registered or is eligible for registration by the American Dietetic Association.
Benefits Include: We offer a highly competitive salary & benefit package including over 3 weeks of paid time off a year. We also provide Top-notch group medical, dental and vision insurance | Long-term disability and life insurance | 403(b) Retirement Plan | Supplemental disability, accident, and life insurance Please submit a Cover Letter, Current Resume, and Salary Requirements. Cornerstone Family Healthcare is a nonprofit community health center. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable healthcare services to our community.