This Chickpea Salad is a great lunch idea that even kids will love!
We served ours in a whole wheat tortilla but you can also enjoy it on whole wheat bread, on top of some leafy greens, or by it’s self!
This recipe was adapted from Just Say Yes to Fruits and Vegetable’s (jsyfruitveggies.org) recipe, which is filled with over 200 healthy recipes:
6 cups shredded lettuce
2 cups cooked chickpeas
2 chopped tomatoes
1 chopped cucumber
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
4 whole wheat tortillas
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber and onions to lettuce. Toss lightly.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over lettuce salad and toss.
- Add salad to whole wheat tortilla and wrap up.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Kids were open to trying this recipe and they loved it!
We couldn’t be happier seeing them try new healthy foods!