Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 270
- Total Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Total Carbs: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 14g
- 1 cup onion, chopped (1 medium onion)
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (1 medium bell pepper)
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 can (4.25 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Heat a skillet to medium and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cook onion, bell pepper, and ground beef until beef is cooked through. This should take about 6 minutes.
4. Stir in salsa. Stir in cheese, if desired.
5. Spray an 8-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the meat and vegetable mixture on the bottom of the plate.
6. Mix corn muffin mix, yogurt or sour cream, green chilies, and egg. Spread on top of the meat and vegetable mixture.
7. Bake until corn muffin topping is golden brown and set. This should take about 30 minutes.