Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbs: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 7g
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- 2 cups cooked red kidney beans (canned or dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
Beans are an inexpensive source of protein and fiber.
1. Spray a large pot with nonstick cooking spray. Cook onions, carrots, and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, tomato paste, cabbage, basil, and oregano.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
4. Add kidney beans and cook for 5 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Refrigerate leftovers