Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: .5g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbs: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- 4 cups cherries, pits removed
- 1//4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cups low fat milk
1. In a large pot, combine cherries, ¼ cup sugar, and ½ cup water.
2. Cook the cherries over medium heat for 15 minutes.
3. Increase the heat to high and bring the cherries to a boil.
4. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar and the cinnamon.
5. Add the milk to the flour mixture and mix well with a fork. This is the dumpling batter.
6. Drop spoonfuls of the dumpling batter into the boiling cherries.
7. Cover the pot and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Do not stir.
8. Serve warm.
9. Refrigerate leftovers.