Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Total Carbs: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (4 small bananas)
- ¼ cup chopped raisins or nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F and grease or spray a 9"x 5" loaf pan.
2. Beat the oil and eggs with a mixer. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
3. Mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
4. Add flour mixture and mashed bananas to oil and egg mixture. Add raisins or nuts if you want. Stir until blended.
5. Pour mixture into loaf pan. Lay a piece of tinfoil over the top of the pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. When you poke a toothpick near the center of the bread, make sure it comes out clean.
6. Remove bread from oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Run a knife between the bread and the sides of the pan. Turn the pan upside down on a baking rack. Cool bread before you cut it.