On April 27th, the Freeport WIC office celebrate the warm weather with our Spring FIT WIC party!
Children between the ages of 2-5 were invited to participate in physical activities, crafts, healthy snacks, and more!
The kids had a great time playing our sandwich game, dancing, and going through a obstacle course.
After running around, we refueled with a healthy snack made with foods you can buy with your WIC checks!
Peanut Butter Roll-Up
- 1 Banana
- 1 Whole wheat tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- Lay out whole wheat tortilla
- Spread 1 table spoon peanut butter evenly across whole wheat tortilla.
- Place banana at one end of whole wheat tortilla and roll banana up in tortilla.
- Slice roll up to make easy finger food for kids!
WIC staff creating this easy and healthy recipe!
In honor of Mother’s Day and Spring, we created a hand print flower pot with all of the children. Mom’s and children worked together to make and decorate their craft.
While the children played and danced, the mom’s enjoyed a presentation by Blue Cross Blue Shield on childhood obesity.
We hope everyone who participated in the event enjoyed it as much as we did!
Happy Mother’s Day to all of our WIC Moms out there!