Using Your Exempt Formula Checks
1. Before you shop:
Before heading to the store, plan your trip. Not all authorized stores accepted WIC exempt formula checks. Authorized pharmacies, and authorized grocery stores that have pharmacies in them can accept all exempt formula checks.
Certain grocery stores that have been approved by NYS DOH can accept exempt formula checks for the following types of formula:
- Enfamil Premium Infant
- Enfamil AR
- Enfamil Gentlease
- Gerber Good Start Soy
- Enfamil Nutramigen and Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora LLG
- Similac Alimentum
- Boost/Boost High Protein/Boost Kid Essentials
- Ensure/Ensure Plus
- PediasureSure/PediaSure with Fiber
- PediaSure Enteral/PediaSure Enteral with Fiber
2. Exempt formula checks include a reminder message that states, “This check must be cashed at a WIC pharmacy or grocery store approved to accept exempt formula checks”.
3. Your local agency can provide you with a list of stores that can accept exempt formula checks and answer exempt formula check cashing questions.
Click here for an example of an Exempt Formula Check.