What is WIC?
WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children. WIC’s goal is to improve the health and nutrition of moms and kids. It is well known that pregnancy and early childhood are among the most important times for growth and development and New York State WIC is here to help.
What does WIC provide?
WIC provides Nutrition Assessment and Education.
- Learn how to live healthier by eating better and being physically active
- Nutritionists provide individualized nutrition guidance to meet your goals
- Support from other parents through group discussions
WIC provides Breastfeeding counseling and support services:
- Mom to mom breastfeeding support from peer counselors
- Breastfeeding counseling by a breastfeeding specialist
- Breast pumps available to moms that need them
- Special foods for breastfeeding moms for 6 months or longer
More Breastfeeding Information
WIC provides Monthly checks for nutritious foods:
- Milk, cheese, cereal, vegetables, fruits, 100% juice, whole grain products, formula, eggs, baby food and more
WIC Eligible Foods
WIC provides Referrals to other services:
- Lactation specialist
- Well baby and child care
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/Food Stamps
- Family planning
- Head Start